Japan Lovers

Forum pour les passionnés d'Asie, de Japon, de Corée... Des animes, des mangas, de la musique, de la culture... Tout est sur JL !

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Partagez|

Let's speak English !

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Xiaohua
Japan Lover
Xiaohua
••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Masculin
MessageSujet: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 1:30

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen !!

First I would like to thank you for coming here and reading my humble thread ;)

Before exposing the purpose of this thread I should (re)introduce myself :

My nickname is Xiaohua as you can see on the left of your screen. I am almost 20 year old and I am a 2nd year student in a Management/business School. However the level of english is not what you would expect from a business school.

So the purpose of this topic is to use English, most of you are still at school and have english lessons twice or 3 times a week (more for some special courses).

Here are some rules :
- Write in English ONLY
- SMS style FORBIDDEN
- If you notice mistakes in other posts correct it ! and don't forget to quote the name of the author of the mistake. Explanations would be GREATLY welcomed and would be VERY profitable to all participants

The starting subject is :

What does English, as a foreign language, means to you ?

Feel free to write, even if your english is not perfect, it is not because it needs to become perfect ;)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Yann71
Japan Lover
Yann71
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 1:51

Thanks to you for this new topic
I hope it'll one of the most popular thread in this forum because everybody has to learn english language

In my mind, English means an universal language because a lot of people all over the world speak english for business, trips and many things
Moreover English allow me a lot of new things like scans which are available more regularly than in France.
Indeed I only read english scans, it became an habit for me
It's late and I have to wake up at half past six tomorrow morning so i'm going to sleep

Good night everybody

See ya tomorrow
Best regards on you
http://Manga-neverland.skyrock.com
Japan Lover
TopH
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 2:16

Hi everybody, my pseudo is Toph, 18 yo, living in Paris... nearly.

Actually, I'm a High school student, in 3rd year in the scientific way. I love Japan and many other many things...

I think my english is not bad but, i would upgrade my level to speek english very well because it's the main language in the world. In France, I often speek english when I work at many exhibition/championship in Europe and I know its very important to can speek english. The English level in France is very low, we need to solve this problem because many formations are in english.

I think I will stop here because I'm tired, there were the last day of Chibi JE and I'm dead x).

bye
Invité
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 2:32

Amazing Idea!!!! I'm surprised that i never be thinking to made a topic like this one.

+10000 for Xiao! But it's too late, and my brain is worn out colloquial. I'm going to come back after sleep :)

I need you to correct my mistakes x)

Dernière édition par Onigiri le Lun 2 Nov - 2:42, édité 2 fois
Xiaohua
Japan Lover
Xiaohua
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 2:37

Here are some corrections :

Yann71
Spoiler:

TopH
Spoiler:

I just corrected the mistakes, I would write something tomorrow if I have some time ^^;
Daif
Japan Lover
Daif
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 3:01

Good idea, but you will do much correction. By the way, you may correct my post.

Now, we need a subject of conversation.
Rikua
Japan Lover
Rikua
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 13:17

It's a good idea but:
Citation :

- SMS style FORBIDDEN
Why?
When do you go on a english web site with out "sms style" it's very hard :O!
Sms like: rly, u, ...
http://up-inc.blogspot.com/
Anyarel
Japan Lover
Anyarel
Féminin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 14:03

Hi there! ^^

As you can see, my nickname is Anyarel but you can call me Aurélie! ^^
Dunno what to tell you..Well, I'm 19 years old and I'm studying tourism but I really don't like, I think I'm gonna change & try something else after passing my exam (well, I hope I'll pass). =D

I studied english at the university two years ago as I wanted to become an english teacher or maybe a french teacher in an english speaking country. But I'm currently not interested anymore in this kind of job even if I'd really enjoy working in an english speaking country but not as a teacher. =)

In fact, I'm mainly interested in the USA. I went to England with school for a week once and it was a great experience but I prefer the USA, especially the cold regions of the USA (well, not Alaska...) or even Canada. =)

French, english & japanese are my three beloved languages. French as it's my native language and one of the most beautiful languages in my opinion, english and japanese as I'm very interested in these cultures. I study english, spanish and german at school but I'm not very interested in spanish and german cultures, even if I've got spanish origins.

I started to like english and american cultures when I was around 13 years, I even hated english (as a school subject) before that. I began listenning to rock music, trying to understand the lyrics, and watching my favourite movies (HP, Pirates of the Caribbean..) in english and then I started to read books in english. My first one was a short novel by Thomas Hardy. I'm currently able to read all kind of novels but some of the ones I studied at the university weren't very appealing. =(

As for japanese culture, I caught the bug at 16 years as a schoolmate wanted me to watch Bleach. I liked the anime, I like the musics so I started to look for other animes and for japanese music. I became fond of japanese way of life and japanese writing so I started to learn it but I still don't have a good level of japanese, especially for the kanji part, even I have japanese penpals, books and websites to help me!lol
I'd really like to go visiting Japan someday! I want to go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara or even in Hokkaido! =D
Xiaohua
Japan Lover
Xiaohua
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 15:22

Rikua a écrit:
It's a good idea but:
Citation :

- SMS style FORBIDDEN
Why?
When do you go on a english web site without "sms style" it's very hard :O!
Sms like: rly, u, ...

Reread the purpose of this thread, think and answers will be granted. To my mind it's quite obvious, if you still don't understand ask me again.

I would require all participation from others to correct mistakes, I'm not here for that ;)...
Daif
Japan Lover
Daif
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 18:06

"Hello, how R U ?"

It's uglier than the sms style in french.
Yann71
Japan Lover
Yann71
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 19:41

Good afternoon everybody
how was your day ?
It was a nice day for me, only six study hours, it was a short day !
Tomorrow, it'll be a little longer, i'll have 8 hours !

Hum... Everybody introduces himself so let me introduce myself.

On the forum, i'm Yann71, it's my nickname but it's very close to my first name in real life which is Yann. This is crazy, isn't it ? ^^

I'm 20 years old and i come from Saône et Loire in France. I'm fond of Photo, Music, Japan and its culture, especially mangas.

What else about me ? I would like to learn english for speaking better because i'm thinking that i've a very poor vocable and i often make some errors in grammar.

I hope this thread will improve my english level !
I'll try to correct some mistakes if i see them but it's not sure because it's possible i correct something right ^^
Cap'tain
Captain Japan
Cap'tain
Féminin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 20:10

Where is Bryan ? Bryan is in the kitchen
Where is Jenny , the sister of Bryan ?
She is in the bathroom .
http://ugotdapowa.tumblr.com/
Invité
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 21:16

It's an English "Blablatage du forum", isn't it?
Thibaud
Japan Lover
Thibaud
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 21:39

New topic, and very good idea. I think it's necessary to develop it and create (maybe?) an English part on this forum. For exemple, It would be very interesting to make descriptions (for videos, cinema...) only in english !
Keiko Satomi
Japan Lover
Keiko Satomi
Féminin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 22:27

I learn english at school thus I don't write very good. ^^'''
Xiaohua
Japan Lover
Xiaohua
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyLun 2 Nov - 23:36

Onigiri > yeah it's quite close to it even though I don't follow the post "blablatage du forum" ;)

Kyoshiba > Let's do it little by little, no need to hurry for that but you should put this idea in some part of your mind and propose it later :)

I am curious how this thread will evolve :) Until now it's quite good in my opinion ^^

Since there is an important part of young people it would be great that this thread make them realize that English isn't only a school subject :)

If I hadn't realized that English is important when you want to travel or even have some communication with foreigners I wouldn't be where I am right now ^^ But I still have to improve my English, when talking about basic things like here there is no problem but when it comes to academic production such as essays or reports, it becomes much more harder ^^;
Thibaud
Japan Lover
Thibaud
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 0:43

Yes, but I think it would be more interesting to organize topics or just for flood ?
Yann71
Japan Lover
Yann71
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 1:15

There's one starting subject which is "What does English, as a foreign language, means to you ?"

To my mind, it's a great beginning because everybody meet English regularly... So all people can tell us his/her story with this language.

Maybe in a few days or less, we'll throw ( ? i'm not sur of "throw", i'd like to say in french " lancer " ) a new subject which will restart the discussion.

But i'm thinking that everyone on this topic introduce himself is great too because it's often the beginning of each talk with a foreigner. It should be useful to know how introducing us or other people very well.

This thread will evolve with all the members who participate on it. Maybe, we'll have to put on some limits sometime and give a new subject.

Finally, it's pleasant for me seeing people who can speak English more than "Hello, how are you ?" ; it's a good thing for all of us !
Thibaud
Japan Lover
Thibaud
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 14:45

Ok, I can introduce a subject now : What are your favorite bands in music (japan or others) ? For my part, I like Nightmare, it's a Visual Kei group and I am interesting by Angura Kei (like MUCC...). What's more, I like High and Mighty color (I must listen the last album!)
Invité
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 15:31

Hi everybody !!
I think this topic is a very good idea.
To answer to the subject, I like Nightmare too, Miyavi (even if it's not a band) and also L'Arc~en~Ciel a little. I like also Johnny's boys bands (like Kat-Tun or Tackey & Tsubasa,...). I'm a little ashamed of that but I like Johnny's very much... ^^"
I know some songs of High and Mighty Color and I like most of them but I'm not really a fan of this band.
Thibaud
Japan Lover
Thibaud
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 21:07

Which albums do you like for Nightmare? What do you think about the new album "Majestical Parade" ? (If you had listen it xD).
To my mind, I think High and Mighty color is an interesting group but it's not original. So I'm not really fan like you.
Which occidental groups do you listen ?
Love-Japan
Japan Lover
Love-Japan
Féminin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 22:18

Hi !
Yes this topic is a very good idea. =)
My favorite group is 12012. I love to girugamesh, nightmare, LM.C and other groups.
( Sorry, my English is very bad :/ )
http://etsuxjpop.skyrock.com/
Invité
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 22:21

I like "Anima" and "The World ruler" and "Ultimate Circus" very much. And I had'nt listen their new record.
I don't listen so much occidental bands but I like Black Veil Brides, Indochine and Telephone (I know it's very old and they are separated for 20 years but I like a lot their songs ^.^)
Daif
Japan Lover
Daif
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 22:41

At the moment, i listen BIGMAMA, Abe Mao, Yuki Ando, Who The Bitch, The Screamings Frogs, Ego Wrappin, Salyu, Stereo Pony and Ikimonogakari.
Thibaud
Japan Lover
Thibaud
Masculin
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! EmptyMar 3 Nov - 23:31

Love-Japan a écrit:
Hi !
Yes this topic is a very good idea. =)
My favorite group is 12012. I love to girugamesh, nightmare, LM.C and other groups.
( Sorry, my English is very bad :/ )

Favorite groups ^^ How often do you listen 12012 ? To my mind, I had listen 1 or 2 albums and I think it's a good group.
Full Metal Nabot => Do you listen Heavy metal groups (like Metallica??)
Daifalteur => I am agree with you about Ego wrappin, it's an interesting band.
Contenu sponsorisé
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak English ! Let's speak English ! Empty

Let's speak English !

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut
Page 1 sur 3Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant